About Virgo ♍
Virgo’s Sumero-Babylonian name: AB.SIN “The Furrow”; “The Furrow, the goddess Shala’s ear of corn”
Original symbol was the sphinx – mythological poser of riddles
- Turn inward to seek larger meanings about causes and purpose of life and look for worthy goals
- Zodiacs critiques, analysts and purists
- Less a symbol of purity than hidden wisdom
- Keeper of life’s mysteries
- Seek complete realization of the mind
- Strong sense of order and organization
- Love of the technological and the minute
- Master of extrapolation and dedication
- Innate refinement but sensitive
- Rooted in the present
Task: to recognize their fine intellect and realize they are more than a match for most challenges
Virgo’s Element is Earth
Element: For thousands of years it was believed that everything was made up of a unique combination of the four elemental principals. Today we can translate these into the four fundamental states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma. Most people are considered to be a mixture of all four. Personalities and relationship s are made up on a balance of all four.
Each element has its own principals.
Qualities of Earth relating to Virgo:
Modern Day Physics Equivalent to the Earth sign is Solid
Solid qualities. It has a stable, definite shape and definite volume. The forces between particles are so strong that the particles cannot move freely, but only vibrate. Solids can only change their shape by force. When heated above melting point, becomes a liquid.
Modern interpretation suggests that Earth signs can be very strong, they know who they are, but the less mature types are vulnerable to stubbornness or rigidness. People depend on them, and they handle that well. But they can also take or leave others. They are sure of themselves. They are slow to respond, but will help others fight their battles. They are sympatico with Water signs.
Other Mutable signs
Virgo’s Ruler: Mercury (Day)