Libra’s astrology symbol: The Scales
Libra’s Sumero-Babylonian name: ZIB.BA.AN.NA “The Scales”
The first half of the zodiac is concerned with the development of the self, the second half deals with the self in relation to others
- Emotionally rich
- Gifted with tact and delicacy
- Skilled at making and keeping friends
- Invite confidence and trust
- Because the zodiacs only inanimate symbol, at once both involved and objective
- Compassionate detachment
- Whole beings centered on connections
- Love beauty as a backdrop
- Value charm in others
- Love parties, make wonderful hosts
- Social in a profound sense as well
- Prize social justice and fight for it
- Value solitude as an opportunity for gaining perspective on past as well as present
- In aloneness center themselves and find balance
- But beset by opposites – they want to be with people, and want to be alone
- Need solitude for balance, but vulnerable to loneliness
- Very concerned with making right choices (which can lead to indecision)
- Acute intelligence usually rescues them from the influence of others
Task: ensure your judicious side does not become judgmental, Care less about approval from others, pay more attention to your own self-development than other peoples’.
Libra’s Element is Air
Element: For thousands of years it was believed that everything was made up of a unique combination of the four elemental principles. Today we can translate these into the four fundamental states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Most people are considered to be a mixture of all four. Personalities and relationships are made upon a balance of all four.
Each element has its own principles.
Qualities of Air relating to Libra:
- Good at communication
Modern Day Physics Equivalent to the Air sign is Gas
Gas qualities: Compressible. Conforms to the shape of its container, but will also expand to fill the container. It has no definitive shape or size. Gas can be converted to plasma either by huge voltage or extremely high temperatures.
Modern interpretation suggests that Air signs are expansive in their thinking. But they can also be challenging to understand. They move freely and can be difficult to pin down. It takes a lot to get them worked up, but they do not do well with cold people. They are simpatico to Fire signs.
- New start
Other Cardinal signs
Ruler: Venus (day)
There is much more to you than just your Sun Sign!
Sure you know where the Sun was when you were born. But what is your moon sign? Where were all the planets the exact moment you were born? How does it affect who you are? What does it all mean?
Check out your Birth Chart and Interpretation report to get a much more personalized and accurate view of who you are and how the planets and stars might be influencing you.