Aquarius symbol: The Water-Bearer,
Sumero-Babylonian name: GU.LA “The Great One”, later “pitcher”
It is believed that the sun was in the sign of Aquarius when the rains came.
- Most outgoing and receptive of the zodiac
- Dream is to merge the ego with the cosmos
They tend to be communicators of their groups. If not directly, then indirectly.
- Curious about ideas that run counter to tradition
- Many strive to live on the spiritual plane rather than the material one
- Spirituality and profound insight tempered by a degree of rationality
- Concerned with information and communication
- Love pictures rather than words
- Push back boundaries and introduce new ideas
- Group oriented
- Able to move from the abstract to the concrete
- Beginning with imagination, Aquarians shape reality
Aquarian’s Task: Look inward. Depending on the group so much causes self-doubt
Qualities of Air relating to Aquarius:
- Good at communication
Aquarius’s Modern Day Equivalent to the Air sign
Equivalent to gas.
For thousands of years, it was believed that everything was made up of a unique combination of the four elemental principles. Today we can translate these into the four fundamental states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Most people are considered to be a mixture of all four. Personalities and relationships are made up of a balance of all four.
Air’s modern-day physics equivalent of matter to Gas.
Gas qualities: Compressible. Conforms to the shape of its container, but will also expand to fill the container. It has no definitive shape or size. Gas can be converted to plasma either by huge voltage or extremely high temperatures.
Modern interpretation suggests that Air signs are expansive in their thinking. But they can also be challenging to understand. They move freely and can be difficult to pin down. It takes a lot to get them worked up, but they do not do well with cold people. They are simpatico to Fire signs.
Stability, dependability, reliability
Other Fixed signs are:
Ruler: Saturn (night)
There is much more to you than just your Sun Sign!
Sure you know where the Sun was when you were born. But what is your moon sign? Where were all the planets the exact moment you were born? How does it affect who you are? What does it all mean?
Check out your Birth Chart and Interpretation report to get a much more personalized and accurate view of who you are and how the planets and stars might be influencing you.